Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

6 lber prime rib help

BushgatorBushgator Posts: 109
edited 12:17AM in EggHead Forum
Got a 6 lb/ prime rib roast rubed down with evoo and fresh rosemarry and sage and thyme sea salt and fresh ground pepper and garlic stable at 300- 325
what temp can I pull it and rest for how long to get it at rare to medium rare?
Its at 125 right now thanks

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Bushgator,[p]PULL IT!!![p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • BushgatorBushgator Posts: 109
    thirdeye,
    Got it man that was close!!!!! it was 127 when i pulled it now how long for the resting?

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    And rest 20 minutes, if you can stand it that long.

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • RichardRichard Posts: 698
    BushGator,[p]I pulled one a few weeks ago and it rose 10F over 45 minutes. 20 minutes or so should work tonight.

• BushgatorBushgator Posts: 109
    Richard,
    Thanks to all I have 10 minutes left and it IS killing me
    but working on the aujus sauce. I messed around and waited to the last minute and had the bride run to the store and buy the condenced bottle stuff but better than none! but I will be more prepared next time I will take pics and try to post tonight.

• Richard,[p]I did an 8lb Prime Rib roast Friday night and alarm went off at 111 and I pulled it at 112, rested for 20 minutes and it was close to 125 and perfect for me and most others. I threw a slice back on the grill for someone who wannted it medium and they loved it too.[p]I try to never let a rib roast hit 120 as you can always cook more if needed.

• locolongballlocolongball Posts: 414
    Bushgator,[p]Man, that was close!