Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Were we just hungry, or is a cooked Butt that's....

FrancoFranco Posts: 88
edited 1:48AM in EggHead Forum
reheated as good or better than one right off the Egg? Last time I cooked one, I went ahead and cooked two. Put one in the freezer and then tonight I put it in the oven in foil for about 3 hrs. at 200 degrees. [p]It was great, but my guess is we were just in the mood.[p]I do have another question though. After you pull it, how do you keep it warm for the next one? I use foil, but with all the in's and out's going on, it doesn't stay warm to long.[p]Thanks as always, Frank
·

Comments

• JJJJ Posts: 951
    Franco,
    Did you pull the second one before freezing it? What exactly do you mean when you said how do you keep it warm for the next one?

·
  • MikeyMikey Posts: 56
    Franco,
    Maybe its me, maybe its because I was just around the smoke so much before I pulled and ate it, but I too think that PP is better reheated. Not that it isn't great right after pulling (which is after I have taken it off the cooker and tented it in foil for an hour), but to me it just seems to have more flavor and a better texture reheated.[p]Mikey

·
  • FrancoFranco Posts: 88
    JJ,[p]No I reheated it whole, then pulled it. But after it's pulled, I always put it in foil and have a hard time keeping it warm while we are eating it. Do you have any ideas?[p]Thanks, Frank[p]
    ·
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Franco,
    Yep. Eat faster.

·
  • JimWJimW Posts: 450
    Franco,
    Just nuke what you need for the first round. Then nuke more as people are ready for it. The only other way I know of is to keep it in a warming oven.
    JimW

·
  • Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    JJ, :-) they usually eat plenty fast the way it is.. I wonder if pulling a large amount that a large electric crock pot roaster would be of any benefit with the glass lids. Just a thought..! We did that back on me B'day with a large amount of pork loin..courtesy Skooter, me boy.
    He be a good cook now!!
    C~W

·
  • FrancoFranco Posts: 88
    Char-Woody,[p]I never thought about an electric crock pot roaster. We'll give that a try. Thanks,Frank[p]
    ·