Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Hey Scott!

ChefRDChefRD Posts: 438
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello Scott, I followed your method of cooking a pizza today and I made the best one yet. NO burnt crust, etc. With the new plate sitter it worked like a charm, great taste and good crust. Thanks so much for the help yesterday and maybe someday I'll have the time/courage to try your breads.;)
Thanks again and come on out of lurking mode ;)!! You can certainly contribute something here.
thanks,
ChefRD

Comments

• newsensenewsense Posts: 32
    ChefRD, I'm glad the place-setter plus a stone worked for you. I think it was a post by Spin that first told me about using a double-width indirect-heat method. After I burned my first batch of bread, it became obvious I had to do something to keep from torching the underside of my bread. The last time I made pizza using the double-width place-setters the crust was fine, but it was a really smoky cook, and the rest of the pizza suffered from too much smoke (I know, it's hard to believe there's such a thing as "too much smoke," but it's true).

• ChefRDChefRD Posts: 438
    newsense, Yep it worked great. I have seen others post on using two ceramics (ala spin and tim m), but with your exact directions, and observing it in action, you were the inspiration to just do it again! ;), this time perfect.
    Thanks again,
    ChefRD

• FireballFireball Posts: 354
    newsense,
    Scott,
    I am sorry that in my "Summer Fest" write up I called you George. DA, all I can say is that I was brain dead when I got home and typed it up.
    Fireball[p]