Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

The Best one to date.

TomTom Posts: 189
edited 9:01AM in EggHead Forum
Butt.jpg
<p />This butt was a 10 pound beauty. The best tasting one Ive cooked so far. Although I had some trouble about 5 this morning with the fire. It was worth it. Going to freeze half of it in my new FoodSaver.[p]Tom
·

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Tom, we should have "Club Egg" certificates of Merit, for achievements like this..You have arrived...Congrats..
    C~W[p]

·
  • Carl TCarl T Posts: 179
    Tom,[p]That's one fine looking butt.[p]Carl T

·
  • ChefRDChefRD Posts: 438
    Tom,
    Looks perfect to me and I wish I had some like it now. :)
    Congratulations, you did good!
    later,
    ChefRD[p]

·
  • TomTom Posts: 189

Thanks Guys Couldnt have done it without ya.[p]Tom

·
  • TomTom Posts: 189

Ive never had one fall apart like this one did. It was juicy and tender. Not dry by any means. [p]When you guys refer to a smoke ring would that be that dark pink layer right under the "skin"?[p]Tom

·
  • ChefRDChefRD Posts: 438
    Tom,
    Yep, thats it. It may about 1/4 inch (or more) of a pink layer, then the inner part looks normal (brown).
    keep on q'ing.
    ChefRD.

·