Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Sauce Help

edited 4:16AM in EggHead Forum
I am looking for a Jalapeno cream sauce that goes with Steak - any ideas ???
·

Comments

• SpinSpin Posts: 1,375
    Jfol,[p]I don't have the recipe you want, but if I were to give a shot at making it I would start with:[p]1-2 shallots
    1 Tbs. butter to saute' the shallots
    1/2 C dry white wine for deglazing the saute' pan
    1 cup heavy cream
    corn starch for thickening
    fresh jalapeno to taste
    A piece of beef fat or a couple of dashes of kitchen bouquet[p]In a small pan, saute' the shallots and beef fat (if used) in the butter. Add the wine and scrape the bottom of the pan clean. Reduce by 1/2. Add the cream, corn starch, and the kitchen bouquet (if used) and simmer until thickened to desired consistancy.[p]The peppers could be saute'd with the onion, added with the wine, or added with the cream. It might need a dash or two of tabasco sauce and/or white pepper to help the jalapeno blend into the cream.[p]Spin

·
  • Wise OneWise One Posts: 2,645
    Jfol, Spin's recipe looked good. If you try it let us know how it turned out - and if you made any tweaks to it.

·