Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Black Bean Recipe for Gretl

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
These black beans were great. I cooked them in a dutch oven in my ceramic cooker over grape vines. I used regular barbecue sauce and the smoke from the ceramic cook added enough smoky flavor to the beans.[p]
Smoky Backed Black Beans[p]6 thick-cut bacon strips
8 cups cooked drained black beans
1 1/2 cups chopped onions
1 1/4 cups smoky barbecue sauce
3/4 cup dark beer
1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
3 tbs. Dijon mustard
3 tbs. minced canned chipotle chiles
3 tbs. packed dark brown sugar
2 tbs. Worcestershire sauce[p]Cook bacon (or eliminate for a vegetarian version) until almost crisp. Remove from pan and chop.[p]Add onion to drippings in pan and saute until tender. Add remaining sauce ingredients. Heat. Combine sauce with black beans and transfer to a backing dish or dutch oven. Bake in a 325 degree oven 2 hours uncovered until beans are hot and flavors are blended.[p]

Comments

• Gretl
    Gretl Posts: 670
    Options
    Mardi,
    Thanks a bunch! I appreciate the addition of the chipotle chilis...we kick things up a notch or two whenever we can. I'll certainly give this one a try.
    Thanks again,
    Gretl