Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another win for BGE and Dizzy Pig

BurntOfferingBBQ
BurntOfferingBBQ Posts: 48
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Myself and one of my teeagers from our youth group competed in the Hancock county Fair BBQ contest this past weekend. Chad cooked a Jamaican Firewalk chicken and I did a T Rex T-Bone steak. I am here to tell you that the egg and the Dizzy Pig made the difference!!! [p]We only had 90 min to cook from the time we lit the charcoal (no prob there since I used my propane tank and torch). Man, the heads turned when I lit those bad boys!! So it was not so traditional of a BBQ comp but it was short and fun. [p]Chad spatchcocked the chicken and added some Jamaican Firewalk rub and then threw it on the grill with a raised grid. I waited a while and when the time was right and the tem was at nuke temps I started my T-Bone with a little Cow Lick Rub and the normal T Rex method.[p]We got our picture taken and a nice young gal from the local paper interviewed us to see what the BGE was all about. [p]In the end it was a fun time....oh Chad got $50 for third place and I received $100 for first place!!!![p]Thanks for all the info and knowledge over the past 6 years!!

Comments