Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to set up plate setter

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi - I am attempting to do my first pork shoulder. It is about 15 pounds and I am looking at the recipe on the web site. I bought a plate setter and have two quetions:[p]How do you set up the plate setter with a drip pan and do you need a drip pan and how long should I plan on cooking this.[p]thanks for any help as I am a pork shoulder newbie

Comments

• BajaTom
    BajaTom Posts: 1,269
    Options
    Jan,
    You put the plate setter with the legs pointing up. Put a aluminan pan between the legs as a drip pan. Put your grid on top of the legs. Good luck,Tom

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    IMG_0163_1Small.jpg
    <p />Jan,
    Put your plate setter on the fire ring legs up. Put your drip pan on the setter and the grid on the upturned legs. Do you have a whole shoulder or two butts cryovaced together? If it came from Sam's or Costco there are two butts in the package like in the pic. If that's the case, figure 14-18 hours. -RP