Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Zuccinni

Options
Mayberry Smoker
Mayberry Smoker Posts: 64
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have a good recipe for fixing zuccinni on the egg, time temps. We usually just roll them in corn meal and fry them but thought we would try something different tonight. I fixed them years ago on the grill once but don't remember how I did it. Thanks.

Comments

• Matt
    Matt Posts: 103
    Options
    Mayberry Smoker,[p]My favorite thing to do with zucchini and yellow squash is just to straight-up grill them. I slice them into planks (or heavy bias) and toss them in a bit of olive oil and S&P and then straight onto a direct grate setup. By the time the outsides are marked (only flip once or you'll make a mess) the inside will be nice and tender.[p]I like them just like that, but occasionally get a bit fancier. I'll cool them off, roll them up with some goat cheese and then top with a little smoked tomato sauce with toasted puya chiles or drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle on some fresh herbs and maybe a bit of Parmesan.[p]Matt
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,771
    Options
    100_0808.jpg
    <p />Mayberry Smoker,
    i layer it with yellow squash,onions, cheese, and stewed or chef cut tomatoes and bake at 350 for about an hour to an hour and a half. some chopped basil and oregano if i have it, maybe some rub sprinkled on top. very tasty, nothing formal for a recipe

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it