Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken breasts done differently (for us)

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]Normally when I do boneless/skinless chicken breasts I just sprinkle with various rubs and grill til done. Tonight we decided to go a different route, we put sauce on them. Started with 10 nice size breasts with just salt and pepper. [p]P7080002.jpg[p]Those were going at about 300 on one egg while the other egg was sitting at about 500 with a cut up acorn squash and a sweet potato in the cast iron wok sprinkled with Penzeys Fox Trot Seasoning and EVOO.[p]P7080004.jpg[p]I put three different sauces on the breasts.[p]P7080006.jpg[p]The three on top have a new sauce my much better half found on one of her recipe cards. It includes things like celery, onion, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, chili sauce, worcestershire, lemon juice, dijon mustard, chili powder, paprika, cinnamon, water. The four on the left have Blues Hog (thanks again CWM) and the three on the right the sauce I normally make (based on GFW's recipe).[p]Added a bottle of white wine and salad for a very nice meal.[p]P7080007.jpg[p]The ones with the new sauce and the Blues Hog were the most tasty, but all were good.[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    SSN686,[p]Nice. I do a lot of b/s breasts and almost always use 2 different sauces - my kids like it sweet (KC Masterpiece and Honey) while I prefer a little kick to mine (homemade).[p]How long did you cook the squash and sweet taters? They look great.
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning Fidel:[p]They went about 18 minutes. I put them all in at the same time, but I should have put the sweet taters in first for about 5 minutes then added the squash. Oh well, live and learn. I'll know better next time.[p]Good looking pizza in the post below.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    As usuall Jay, Sweet. That side dish has my belly rumbling.[p]Mike
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning Car Wash Mike:[p]Thanks for the nice comments Mike. I may have to try the side dish in Omaha -- thank that would qualify as for the Extreme Egghead item????[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    SSN686,
    I have two ideas for my turn in. Now that i see a potential from a competitor I may have to add in from another direction:)
    Chicken looks very tasty. Nice job.
    ST

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Smokin' Todd:[p]I still really have no idea what, if anything, I might turn in. Looking forward to seeing you (and everyone else) soon.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL