Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help with Butt

Options
neweggerart
neweggerart Posts: 14
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK...I need to leave here at 5:00 PM, 1 hour and ten minutes from now. The Butt is 180 degrees. Can I force the last 15 degrees before I pull by cranking up to 300 degrees? Or is all lost.

Comments

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    neweggerart,[p]Wrap in foil and ramp up the pit temp. That will bump up the internal temp. Are you taking the butt with you when you leave??[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    neweggerart,[p]You can foil it and bump the temp to 300 safely - you are likely out of the plateau at 180.[p]I doubt you can get it to 195, but even 185-187 you can pull the butt. It may not be quite as tender, but it will be fine. Just wrap in foil and towels and place in the cooler for transport and pull on location. You should be fine.
  • neweggerart
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Thanks...I am taking it with me at 5, double wrapped in foil in cooler. It is now 183 degrees at a dome of 300...should I let it ride as is or do the wrapping now? Appreciate your help.