Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Poblanos & A Ribeye

Options
BENTE
BENTE Posts: 8,337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
DSCN0223.jpg
<p />well i have been meaning to do this for a few weeks. i live with two people who don't really care for peppers. so i had to throw steak into the mix to talk them into it. i took several pictures and could not deciode which one i liked better
DSCN0230.jpg
this one on the grill
DSCN0231.jpg
or this one.[p]
although i think i like this one the best
DSCN0237.jpg
it has it all including too much lighting
LOL[p]
anyway i have not pictured any good cooks latley they have been good cooks with bad decisions
DSCN0083.jpg
like this one with no drip pan which eventually caused a grease fire.[p]so i had to share one that was a sucess. [p]maybe rick's tropical delight will email me some photo hints!!!
like buy a new camera LOL[p]happy eggin
tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Comments

• BENTE
    Options
    BENTE,
    oh well i guess i will just see some of you in Greenwood Friday!![p]
    happy eggin[p]terry "feelings hurt" BENTE
    (now i know why you do that Spring "teaching people every day" Chicken)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    BENTE,
    I guess I missed your earlier post! Those peppers look sooo good!! I can see that they have cheese & beans, but what else is in there?[p]Are poblanos hot? I don't think I've ever had one before.

• Metalhead
    Metalhead Posts: 668
    Options
    BENTE,
    I thought that the pablano stuffed peppers looked great[p]I am going to try this cook and eggsperiment w/ingredients[p]I can't wait 'til I get to try this cook[p]Thank you Thank you Thank you for the post[p]Jan[p][p][p]
    P.S.
    I really am going to try that

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    BENTE,
    I'll be at the judging class on Thursday night, but I'm flying back home Friday morning. -RP

• Metalhead
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    I think I remember you saying you didn't like salmon.....is that just planked salmon or all salmon?[p]Now the reason I ask is I suppose you could stuff those peppers w/salmon,cream cheese, and maybe tomato and red onion[p]I am full of ideas right now....yummmmmmm[p]Jan

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Jan[p]Hmmm...... I can't recall saying that I don't like salmon. Maybe I meant salmon that has been cooked on cedar. I know that I said I don't care for halibut on the egg.[p]Anyhoo - I have made ABTs with smoked salmon and they are freakin' awesome!!
  • Metalhead
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    I know I can't totally be beleived 'cause of my constant beer/wine drankin' but I thought you said that....maybe I'll try those ABT's w/salmon one day they sound good[p]Jan

• Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    BENTE,
    You don't need a new camera, your photo's are great. Nice work on the cooking. That butt cook is outrageous. I'll stick with one at a time for now, heeeeeee. Just bought a picnic shoulder and I'm looking forward to a nice all day cook. Thanks for the pic's.
    Clay

• Unknown
    Options
    BENTE,
    hey, man, i know how you feel.
    i cook my ash off and post 87 pix and get maybe one response.[p]those really look good!

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    BENTE,[p]Man, that looks good! I'm going to be posting very similar pictures this coming Woosday. I cooked my first Tri-Tip along with stuffed Poblanos tonight. The family agreed that the results were awesome.[p]Roudy
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]I feel a tear running down my face...Ooohhh wait..it is from all of the ABT's I just ate!!...and they were Habanero ABT's MMmmmmm
  • BENTE
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    they were realativly easy
    poblanos are right above green peppers on the scoville scale not hot at all.
    they had red bell pepper
    onion
    jalapeno
    garlic sauteed together
    then added montery jack cheese
    fill peppers
    put on egg at 375 indirect for 35-40 min[p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    Randy[p]i guess i will miss you then, although i hope to be at eggtoberfest (kinda iffy right now baby due october 1) again this year thanks again for taking my wife and i picture with drbbq last eggtoberfest[p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    ClayQ,
    yea the butts were easier than i thought i only needed help transferring from fridge to egg. [p]man i love my guru!!![p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    Metalhead,
    it is far easier than it looks. kinda like doing ABT'S but waaaaaaay easier.[p]thanks for the kind words jan[p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,
    thanks rick comming from you that really means something!!![p]
    happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    Options
    Roudy,
    i kinda would of liked a tri-tip instead of ribeye but publix was out of them.[p]oh well next time[p]happy eggin
    tb

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb