Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking in the rain and BGE Sweet Maple Seasoning

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, it is official, my least favorite weather to cook in is the rain. I don't mind the cold or even snow, but rain just sucks. Don't get me wrong. Here in the Atlanta area, we need the rain, I just don't like to go out and cook in it![p]The other topic I mentioned is BGE's Sweet Maple Seasoning. We are having some friends over and I am making wing (and a few other things) and I have developed a new appreciation for the Sweet Maple Seasoning. Has anyone else used this? When I first tried it, I was not a fan, now I am. I use it on wings (along with salt, pepper, garlic and maybe another rub). They end up having a great sweet, sticky skin. I will post some pics later![p]Smokey

Comments

• Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    I bevieve that the Sweet Maple seasoning is made for BGE by John Henry. He makes a HOT version that is very good. I like to put it on pork tenderloin.[p]A friend from Texas sent me a bottle of the hot version and got me hooked. I was not able to find it locally here in Atlanta but ordered more directly from his web site.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Avocados,[p]I will have to look for it on John Henry's site! Thanks for the idea![p]Smokey