Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Medium Egg - How much...

Options
Squeeze
Squeeze Posts: 717
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the maximum amount of Pork Butts anyone has gotten on a Meduim? We are heading to the UP of Michigan at the end of the month and the folks are taking the Medium up there and we have had Pulled Pork requested, just curious to the amount we can get on there to feed the masses? Thanks![p]-Kevin
Kevin Jacques
The University of Que L.L.C. ®
Killen, AL
www.uofque.com

Take Your Taste Buds to School!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Squeeze,
    i haven't done this yet, but i think it will work...[p]two 8 pound butts standing on edge with 3 or 4 bamboo skewers holding the tops apart. all on the grid with drip pan and plate setter, legs up.[p]do it

• Squeeze
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Dleight,
    I was thinking that. I figured if I got three 8lbers easily on the large, than 2 should work on the Medium. Thanks![p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• 61chev
    61chev Posts: 539
    Options
    Squeeze,
    I have a meium and have done two 8.5# butts standing on edge like Rick said. Just be careful of the dome thermo so it doesn't get to close to the meat
    Gerry

• SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Squeeze:[p]I can't find the picture of it, but I did "squeeze" 3 butts (all 7+ lbs.) on my medium once. They were stood on the smallest end and touching at the start of the cook, but came out just fine. It just takes some inventive arranging. Good luck with the cook.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• drbbq
    drbbq Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I bet he can get 6 on there.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • Unknown
    Options
    61 CHEV,
    i knew it! hahaha[p]i've only done two 4 pounders at a time so far.

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Squeeze, where in the U.P.? Yah hey dere....

• Squeeze
    Options
    J Appledog,
    We are going up to Marquette for a week. Should be a blast!![p]-Kevin

Kevin Jacques
    Killen, AL
    www.uofque.com

• Unknown
    Options
    drbbq,[p]I have not cooked on the medium Egg but would think a fellow could get three butts on the cooker by just turning them on their sides on the standard grid. I do get two large butts in my small.[p]See you in Lebannon in a few weeks.[p]Dave