Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn on the Cob

Options
Mark
Mark Posts: 295
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
anyone have any tricks for corn on the cob, time and temps

Comments

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    Mark ,
    No tricks, and you can't go wrong with corn-on-the-cob in the egg.[p]Some just toss them on and cook um - like the video on the new egg site, however we pull um back, remove the the silk, smother with butter, salt and pepper, pull um back up and throw on to a 350 egg for about 30 min.[p]Outstanding![p]FoodRatCar023.jpg

• Mark
    Mark Posts: 295
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    seems to easy, but everything on the Egg has been

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    mark,
    Oh, forgot to mention; don't forget to turn them every so often. And I use a raised grid on the small, but not on the large.[p]Finally, it takes me between 30 to 45 min depending on the fire, corn, weather, drink, etc.

• gman
    gman Posts: 106
    Options
    Yeah, the recipe on the website says 14-16 minutes at 325-350. And it was pretty good. But I'm kind of like you and lean towards a bit longer cooking time. Maybe it was because I had some huge honkin' ears.
  • Unknown
    Options
    G-man,[p]Sorry to hear about your ears.. Ever considered surgery to correct them? ;-)
  • Unknown
    Options
    Big Daddy Bri,[p]That's no way to talk to H. Ross!
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Options
    Mark ,
    Just do it as if you were in the woods cmping.Lay the corn in the husk over the coals till the husk turns dark brown and turn over till it is the same color and get the the butter or what ever and enjoy .Try mayo with parma cheese for a change of pace.If you are afraid of mayo just sprinkle parma on the corn.