Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

OK C-W says I should post LOL

CherylCheryl Posts: 18
edited 10:33AM in EggHead Forum
Happy to report that my little BGE and I cooked the winning ribs for the Mustard's Barbeque contest at the Iowa State Fair today. I guess it was worth getting up at 5:30 to light the lump :)[p]I used my own rub recipe, and left the sauce on the side...since it was really just the ribs being judged. I'm sure I wouldn't have won if I hadn't been gleaning all the super hints from the forum for the past 4 months. (to think before that I didn't know what I was missing!)[p]Thanks to all!

Comments

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cheryl, YOu did it...yaaaahoooo...!! Wish you had some pics of that prize..Down the threads aways...a very loooooong thread, Sandi is in a slight "personal" contest of her own. This will give her some support...Good job Cheryl..proud of ya.
    C~W
    BTW..not much of that long thread is worth reading. Ignore it.
    :-(

• GretlGretl Posts: 670
    Cheryl,
    WAY to GO! Congratulations. Post the rub recipe and take a bow. Let's see that ribbon!
    Cheers,
    Gretl

• JethroJethro Posts: 495
    Cheryl,[p]State Fair level that is impressive - YEAAAAHHHH BABBBY![p]Rub recipe to be posted soon???[p]Jethro
  • BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Cheryl, Way to go! (Ain't Eggin' great?!)
    BS

• Trout BumTrout Bum Posts: 343
    Cheryl,
    Congrates are in order, way to go.
    How about posting the recipe and directions and we can all enjoy.
    Regards,
    B D

• RRPRRP Posts: 19,327
    Cheryl,
    CONGRATS!!! While I too want to hear about your rub recipe how about telling us your cooking set up, temps, method etc. I'm all ears!

L, M, S, Mini
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
  • Cheryl,[p]Congratulations! I'm very happy for you!
  • JJJJ Posts: 951
    Cheryl,
    Done yourself proud gal. It only gets better from here. God love ya!!

• SandiSandi Posts: 107
    Cheryl,[p]Congrats, girlfriend...now...how's about some help with my rib cook-off coming up in a few weeks??????

• Sandi, me thinks Cheryl is working on putting it in the recipe submitted section. Hope so..hope it helps ya nail down yours..You will whup em good as it is..I betcha!!:-) All in fun..go for it.
    C~W

• bdavidsonbdavidson Posts: 411
    Cheryl,
    Congrats! Well done. You do the Egg and Eggers proud.
    Should be an entry at Eggtoberfest this year!