Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Guru or Stoker?

Egg Pirate
Egg Pirate Posts: 114
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm considering a Guru ( Competitor) or a Stoker. I've read the Naked Whiz's reviews and it is very helpful. I was wondering if anyone out there could give some pros and cons of each. I have an XL and like the ability to expand with the Stoker but not sure if the 5CFM fan is big enough. Any thoughts would be greatly apperciated![p]

Comments

• KW
    KW Posts: 13
    Egg Pirate,
    Get the Guru!!!...works perfect very,very easy to use and a great company! Get the Stoker if if you like punching a bunch of buttons and are going to run several eggs at the same time. Hope that helps...

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Egg Pirate,
    I love my Guru. Can't say I've ever even seen a Stoker.[p]Spring "Always Just One Step Away From Making A Misnake" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Egg Pirate,[p] I have a Stoker and it's not as hard to control as everyone seems to want to believe. That nifty little Web Interface is great. Even better it even remembers which probes were where when you put all back together again.[p] My stoker controls two XL's and a Large during competitions. The 5 CFM fan is plenty for all three. [p]I have seen both in action and both are great. My choice was the stoker. You will have to make your own choice.