Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Guru on Ebay

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found a guy on Ebay that is selling the Competitor outfit for $186. That's about $35 cheaper than buying it directly from the BBQ Guru website. I am wondering if anyone knows if this guy is an authorzed dealer or what. He has a 100% rating with 245 feedbacks. Som he sounds legit. [p]Here is what is in his kit:
1 - BBQ Guru Competitor (controller)
1 - Set of probes pit/meat (thermocouples)
1 - 10cfm Viper blower (fan)
1 - Adaptor door mount to fit your grill.(specify grill type.)
1 - 110V power cord
1 - Kill plug to extinguish fire.
1 - Bag of Curleez to wrap your probe wires.
1 - Condensed guide/instructions for use. Instructions for the damper on the blower fan. [p]Thanks for any info!!

Comments

• Good Eats
    Good Eats Posts: 136
    Options
    Bald Headed Fat Guy,[p]From what I have heard and I may be wrong ... the ones you see on E-Bay are Remanufactured... does it have a warranty? How much is shipping? Personally I would rather buy right from BBQ Bob ( a member here that works for BBQ Guru ) and keep it all in the family. My 2 cents.
  • Unknown
    Options
    His post says that the units are new, not remanufactured. He also states the warranty can be handled by him or the manufacturer.[p]Shipping is $8.95.[p]Thanks for th eBBQ Bob info. I'll check with him too.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Bald Headed Fat Guy,[p] People state a lot of things.. Whether they are true is a different matter. [p] How much money will you have saved after the shipping is added? Look at is other auctions.. Are they all BBQ Equipment? Most of his feedback are from private auctions; however, what is not private are clothing.[p] Now if his entire line was BBQ equipment I'd be more inclined to buy from him. Saving $20.00 from a guy who sells anything just doesn't work for me. I'd rather buy from the Guru guys directly..
  • MattB
    MattB Posts: 24
    Options
    I bought one on ebay from him. Have not had any problems with it. Got it in just a couple of days.

• SmokeDaddy
    Options
    Bald Headed Fat Guy,
    I too purchased one from him several months ago and have had no problems. I spoke to the rep from BBQ Guru at the Eggs by the Bay to see if they were aware of him and was told he is a distributor. I also sensed they weren’t happy with the way he was selling them. For what it's worth