Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Plate setter and dwell time.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi I'm new to this forum and have not yet purchased a BGE, although I do plan to in the next few weeks. I've been reading the forum's of BGE and the "other guy's" just to get some different view's of owners. Now for my question's, first I see people talk about dwell time, can someone explain the meaning of this. Also what about the plate setter and what is it's function? Any help will be greatly appreciated.[p]Thanks
Craig-wood

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Craig-wood,[p]1. Plate setter -- a ceramic "kiln accessory" used for firing plates. In the BGE, it provides a convenient method of raising the grid or a pizza stone and also works well for indirect cooking. Click on the "What's New" link on the top of the Forum page then scroll down for pictures.[p]2. Dwell time -- used when searing food, usually steaks or burgers. Normally one cranks the BGE up to a high temperature, then puts the meat on for a few minutes per side to get that "flame kissed" taste. The vents on the BGE are then shut and the meat "dwells" as it continues to cook without the flames shooting up around it. Allows the meat to cook without burning the outside . . .[p]MikeO
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    MikeO,[p]Very well explained.[p]Carey