Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on Dr. Chicken's Rib Roast?

Options
Franco
Franco Posts: 88
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Trying to cook this today and it looks like, as always, I need some help. It may be there, but how much of the rock salt should you use for the salt mixture?[p]I'm assuming that will go with the one tbs. of floor and two tbs. of water. Can you use kosher salt, or should you stick with rock salt?[p]Thanks as always and anyone who's cooked this, I'd love to hear you're thoughts on it as well.[p]Thanks, Frank

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Franco, Dr Chicken is probably still at church so permit me to jump in just in case you were wanting to get started. I use krosher salt instead of rock salt and also add one egg white which makes an easier crust to peel off when you discard. As for quantities I have found for say a 3# rib roast I use 1 c of salt 1/2T of flour 1 egg white and 1 t of water and that's plently.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.