Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beef ribs

Options
jerseymatt
jerseymatt Posts: 112
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any suggestions? I was thinking 3 hrs unwrapped, 1 hr wrapped, sauce last 30 minutes. Grill about 235.

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    jerseymatt,[p]Short ribs or spare "dino" ribs? I've done shorts much like what you describe, but mopped with a thin marinade 4 times in the last hour. They were real good.[p]I've been doing the big ones about 6 hours (big batches, though, 12 - 15 lbs. at once), indirect at 250 dome, with mopping in the last 1.5 hrs, and just a little ramp up of temp in the last .5 hr. I haven't wrapped them 'cause I want as much of the fat to drip away as possible.[p]gdenby

• Unknown
    Options
    jerseymatt, Sounds good. I did Korean style or some folks say flanken ribs yesterday. Marinated in Korean style bbq sauce, put a teaspoon of crushed red pepper in marinade. 250° dome for 2 and a half hours indirect. Rendered most of the grease out of them, and they were delicious but still plenty of artery clogging colestoral ridden grease left in them. I ate a couple pieces and watched the rest of the family eagerly shortening their lives. gonna avoid beef short ribs in the future unless someone requests them. They sure are good though. This 4th its gonna be a pair of pork roasts. A little better. Good luck with your ribs. Ern
  • jerseymatt
    Options
    ern,
    thanks! and good luck with that other white meat.

• jerseymatt
    Options
    gdenby,
    these are the spare, although now i wish i had gotten the short ribs. I only have 2 racks on there so i will watch closely at 5 hrs.