Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Wet Rub for Beef Roasts

RhumAndJerk
RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The talk yesterday about roasting tenderloin had me thinking about a wet rub that I used on a Prime Rib once. This is a recipe for an eight-pound Prime Rib, but it could be used on whole roast tenderloin. Regardless of your feelings on the source of the recipe, The Frugal Gourmet Christmas Cookbook, here is the recipe.[p]Fresh ground Black Pepper
1 tablespoon of Dark Soy Sauce
1.5 tablespoons Kitchen Bouquet
1 tablespoon Dry Mustard[p]Rub each ingredient on the meat in order.[p]The recipe calls for an internal temperature of 115.[p]I tried this last night on some frozen hamburgers and it came out good. I cooked the burgers at a high temperature and I think that it detracted from the flavor. The recipe also called for sliced onions to be placed on the roast. This would not be practical for grilling whole tenderloin directly. I guess that you could substitute some onion powder rubbed on the meat before the black pepper.[p]Enjoy,
RhumAndJerk