Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

A success, thanks gang

City SlickerCity Slicker Posts: 95
edited 11:31PM in EggHead Forum
[img][/img]raw-brisket-packer.gif
<p />Well this was my best effort yet, thanks to advice from MollyShark, ThirdEye and many others[p]

brisket-done2.gif[p]Fit nice on the XL, no platesetter this time, just a water pan and v-rack[p]

brisket-done.gif

Was fork tender at 185 degrees

brisket-done3.gif

Super tender and very juicy this time, the separation is probably because I did not cut the point of correctly ?

brisket-done4.gif

A two thumbs up from the gang, but it was an adventure. Fire went out last night, brisket was already in the plateau, I woke up at 4 am to check it out and the egg was at 175 and the brisket was at 155 ! I took it off, stirred things up, threw on some more lump and relit. Got the brisket back on in 10 min, temp was 142 internal, eeeps! It quite quickly got back up to 176, and stayed there until 12 noon, then it started to climb. Pulled it at 185 when I could twist my fork in it easily.
Fire going out was my fault, had some very well used lump in the bottom, live and learn.[p][p]

Comments

• thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    eaa33c49.jpg
    <p />City Slicker,[p]Looks like that turned out real good. Nice color, good ring and moist looking. Way to go.[p]Since the point and flat are separate muscles, one laying atop the other, and not always consistent you will get that vein sometimes. If you are serving both at the same time (verses making burnt ends from the point) it's actually a bonus because you get a little of both in each slice.[p]4e0c2818.jpg[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery