Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Crack Repairs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello,
I just purchased a 35 year old Kamado and was hoping someone could help in repairing it. It Has a couple of cracks and the bottom is broken out a little around the draft hole, But I have the major pieces. I just need to what to use and where to get it.[p]ThankYou
John Gourdier

Comments

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    John Gourdier,
    Ducco and Rutland both make great products that can solve your problem. Also a product called Hurcules does the job.

• Unknown
    Options
    Thank you for the info. I have some Hercules Furnace/stove cement. Is this what you were talking about? I got it at Home Depot last year to seal around my heat vent at the chimmney. Are the other brands better? Where can I find them? The stuff from Hercules seems to be pulling away from the brick a little bit.[p]Thank you
    john

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    john gourdier,[p]I used the Hercules stuff more than a year ago (a year and a half? my sense of time has been pretty poor lately). Anyway, it's held my Small Egg together very well. I even did a 22 hour picnic with it. Granted, our repair job was not the prettiest, but it's worked.[p]As for the other products being better, I'm not sure but it's entirely possible. I think that more people have used them than Hercules, and with success, so it might be the case that they're better.[p]Good luck, either way,
    Cornfed