Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

stuffed bell peppers

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Had great stuffed bell peppers, use gfw's recipe but left out the Italian sausage because I'm not a lover of very much garlic. I added some shredded extra sharp cheese in with the meat and rice mixture plus some shredded mozzarella, contadina tomato sauce, black pepper, white pepper, red pepper, Tabasco sauce. Put the stuffed peppers in Mr. Egg directwith some Jack Daniel's chips at about 300° and let smoke while the temp. went to 400°, total heating time about 40 min. (Stuffed peppers had been in the fridge sense about 1:30 this afternoon.) They were eggcellent, my honey said they were the best she has ever had, that includes the ones her mother used to make. She promised to treat me tonight. I'm heading for the shower and fu fu juice. hehehe
Happy Egg'n everyone,
New Bob

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    New Bob, when I directed you to Gfw's site for that recipe yesterday I said it was goooooood! Looks like you modified it to your taste and that's cool, but if someone else is looking for a surefire stuffed pepper recipe to follow verbatium you can't go wrong with Gordon's!

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    one feral kat,
    Shame on me, I started to go by the recipe but got carried away when I started mixing things together, the good thing is they were great. My apologies to you and gfw. My thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    Cheers,
    New Bob