Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beef jerky

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking for a recipe for beef jerky for my green egg? help please

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,756
    Options
    lynnette a ,
    this is a good recipe to start with, then modify as you make more. there is a better write up in wise ones cookbook which i believe can be found on the nakedwhiz site. it uses a pile method where the meat is put on stacked in a pile and rotated every hour during the cook.

[ul][li]gfw's jerkey[/ul]
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    lynnette a ,
    The recipe that fishless posted is a good one.[p]I use thinly sliced London Broil (top round roast as London Broil is actually a cooking method and not a cut of beef, but the stores still mark it as London Broil)marinated and put in a 160 degree egg. You want to dry the meat, not cook it.[p]I use this contraption which worked great with the Guru.[p] 2006_0813FoodandSuch8_140006.jpg

• Specularius
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    Where did you acuire said contraption?

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    Options
    Specularius,
    Far Out! What I got here is apparently a true collectors item, cuz the site where I got it is no long alive, and I could not find it anywhere![p]Sorry.

• Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    lynnette a , Here's how I make jerky. Have fun, Scott

[ul][li]joiky link[/ul]
  • jwirlwind
    jwirlwind Posts: 319
    Options
    lynnette a ,
    For good flavor with little work, purchase a corn beef brisket, slice to thinkness you like and slow smoke it using your choice of smoking chips. [p]Chef Jerry

• Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    Jwirlwind, Hmmmm, totally seasoned and cured. Sounds like a great idea. I have never purchased a corned beef brisket. Is one brand better than another? Scott

• ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    Jwirlwind,
    i agree! a great idea! i just bought a cabela's one horsepower grinder , 30lb stuffer with motor and a jerky slicer.... i just ran some bottom(10 lbs,) round through the slicer.... it's fantastic!!! it took about two minutes to cut the meat into perfect .. 1/4 inch strips.... i can't wait to try the other equipment....the best part is i got at great deal in their "bargain cave".... i'm heading to sam's for some pork butt... thanks! ray