Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tonight's quick dinner

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:[p]Just finished a quick and tasty dinner. I stopped on the way home and found two nice bone-in porkchops about 2" thick.[p]P6190002.jpg[p]Also grabbed three ears of corn (this turned out to be some of the sweetest corn we have had in a long time), here with the finished chops. [p]P6190004.jpg[p]One had DP's Raging River and the other had DP's Shakin' the Tree. EggHatter and I each had half of one just to get a taste of both. Two close ups of one of the chops.[p]P6190005.jpg[p]P6190007.jpg[p]And just to help make LawnRanger's day also did some TatorTots.[p]P6190003.jpg[p]These finally turned out perfectly without any burning.[p]A very nice end to a good day! Wish I was getting ready to head to San Jose, but not to be this year again. Still have Omaha on the list to be at, just need to finalize a couple of things.[p]Have a GREAT day!
Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Jay that looks incredible!! I haven't tried porkchops on the egg yet. I had a really bad/ embarrasing experience on the gasser a few years back, so I guess I am a bit gun shy! :) I am going to have to give them a try again.[p]What's that pan thingy that you are cooking the tots on?
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning AlaskanC:[p]When I went to the store I was looking for boneless chops, but the only ones out were only about 1" thick and I really wanted 2" ones, so I went with the bone-in. These were done direct at normal grid level at a dome temp of about 350 to 375 with a chunk of hickory & two small chunks of cherry (corn done at the same time) for about 15 to 18 minutes (internal temp about 150).[p]The pan the tots are on is a perforated pizza pan we have had for years. We do pizzas on it occasionally too.[p]Have a GREAT day!
    Jay

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    SSN686,
    That looks fabulous Jay,I think you might have aroused LR with those tots. -RP

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    AZRP,
    Aroused? Orgasmic's more like it. I've got to answer one of those ads in the back of Field and Stream.[p]Great job Jay![p]LR