Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smoked Wings?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hey ya'll, got some wing drummettes marinating in some Cholula hot sauce right now (all I had on hand). Plan on making them tomorrow.
Been searching around on the archives and have found numerous different methods of doing them. Any suggestions for a quicker cook? I plan on using either mesquite, hickory or pecan for flavor. Not sure yet. Thanks.

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    atx,
    What size egg will you be using?
    Hotter flame the quicker. No reason to go higher then 400, but if using the large flare ups will occure with the dome open long to flip all those little rascals.
    Best method I have seen here was using a fish grate instead of flipping individually.
    I do mine rasied indirect then finish direct. Great results.
    ST

• Unknown
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    I'm using a large.

• jbrodie
    jbrodie Posts: 111
    Options
    I cook mine at 350* on a wing rack from Cabela's, no turning. Takes about 45 minutes direct on a raised grid.

• Unknown
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,
    a fish grate sounds like a great idea! how do you clean it after use?[p]thanks[p]ken

• Unknown
    Options
    atx,
    i like my wings a little crispy. i picked up a trick here (sorry, i can't remember from who): dust them liberally--both sides--with corn starch a few minutes before cooking. then i cook them direct, raised grill, at 350-400. takes 45-60 minutes. then i put them in a small pot on the stove with whatever hot sauce i'm using.[p]ken