Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Nice WoosDay

Options
2»

Comments

• BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    Rusty Rooster,
    They were just sittin there in the fridge and I just had to fit um in there somewhere!

• BBQ Bob Trudnak
    Options
    AZRP,
    That sounds good, I'll give it a try

• Unknown
    Options
    Howdy Buster ... I won't be in Marshalltown, not a comp kinda guy, but I hear it's a really good scene & lotsa my friends will be there. You going?

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    This is really good with bacon wrapped scallops and any seafood.
    Larry[p][p] HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE[p]1 1/2 Cup Hellman's or Duke's mayonnaise
    8 oz. Dill pickle cubes
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    Pinch of cayenne pepper
    1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
    2 Tbsp. Old Bay Seasoning
    2 Tbsp. Cider vinegar
    1 small Onion chopped fine
    Mix ingredients and refrigerate.

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak, smidge of DP's ragin river is a nice rub compliment. T

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    Chez,
    Yep. We just started doing comps. Having lots of fun.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    BurntRaw,
    That sure is a pretty back yard. Just the kind of place a bunch of local Eggheads could come and have a mini-fest. We will wait for your invite. LOL[p]Spring "Part-Time Professional Back Yard Inspector And BBQ Tester" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,757
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    if they needed sauce you may have over cooked them, or they were wet scallops, not dry or day scallops. anyways, my sister inlaw always makes a horseradish sauce when we fry up a bunch of scallops, its basically a half cup of yogurt and or sourcream, about 2 tablespoons prepared horsradish, some lemon juice and some sugar and a tablespoon of good mustard and a tablespoon or two of mayo. another good option is yogurt, mayo, a little mojo sauce and some carolina hot vinegar sauce to taste. if scallops are fresh and cooked til just underdone, they dont need anything imho

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • amini1
    amini1 Posts: 105
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Fathers day breakfast.[p]Smoked salmon.[p]IMG_2527.jpg[p]The kids.[p]IMG_2517.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    15jun07-026.jpg
    <p />thirdeye,
    hahaa! you can have the worm... i'm having this up there! ^[p]so i took martha, my medium egg up to the race this weekend.[p]here's the menu:
    saturday night
    garlic shrimp with fresh horseradish cocktail sauce
    jerked pork kabobs smoked with apple chips with roasted red & green peppers and vidalia onions & vidalia onion dressing
    brownies and vanilla ice cream (too drunk, no pic)[p]sunday morning
    biscuits
    boat eggs with smoked fattie
    fresh fruit bowl[p]sunday night
    3 bone prime rib roast with rosemary & fresh horseradish and smoked with jack daniels oak barrel chips
    red potato with sea salt & ground black pepper & olive oil
    sautéed baby portabellas & vidalia onions & garlic & butter & olive oil
    bountiful beer bread
    bananas foster and vanilla ice cream[p]three pounds of smoked fattie fer snackin![p]here goes:[p]michigan20007-003.jpg[p]michigan20007-005.jpg[p]michigan2007-003.jpg[p]michigan20007-012.jpg[p]michigan20007-009.jpg[p]michigan20007-014.jpg[p]michigan20007-015.jpg[p]michigan20007-018.jpg[p]michigan20007-021.jpg[p]michigan20007-019.jpg[p]michigan20007-008.jpg[p]15jun07-030.jpg[p]michigan2007-001.jpg[p]michigan2007-013.jpg[p]michigan2007-005.jpg[p]michigan2007-019.jpg[p]michigan2007-027.jpg[p]michigan2007-028.jpg

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]What's the recipe for boat eggs?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Buster Dog BBQ,
    it's similar to celtic wolf's hungry man breakfast and my sous chef's who hash... but neither of those are boat eggs![p]boat eggs:
    in cast iron skillet
    brown one pound pork sausage (i'm using a smoked fattie)
    add a can chopped green chilis
    add a bag hash browns and cook till starting to brown a little
    top with 8-10 eggs and fold in and cook till eggs get firm
    top with shredded cheese
    serve with salsa and sausage gravy

• Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Rick's Tropical Delight,[p]What, no 151 with that? LOL
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    thirdeye,[p]Weekend cooks included 4 pounds of Copper River Salmon. [p]BGE024.jpg[p]Also, three 20 oz. ribeyes, TRex'd to perfection.[p]BGE025.jpg[p]Happy Woosday!

• Unknown
    Options
    michigan20007-022.jpg
    <p />Buster Dog BBQ,
    that's in the bananas foster! hahaa.
    the first two ounces of 151 didn't catch, so we kept throwing more in till it flamed. it burned for a really long time. really long. long enough for me to get a few pix of it anyways.[p]here's the boat eggs and biscuits being served up to people with hangovers.

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Chez,[p]man that looks good ... but could be the clogged arteries of my future (wait, maybe it's good for ya. It has lettuce in it, that's a vegetable)!![p]Smokey
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]Another great lookin' BBQ Bob creation![p]Smokey
  • Unknown
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,
    butter, extra virgin olive oil, raging river, garlic, and a few bare naked scallops in a cast iron skillet along side the others. pour the resulting juice over the wrapped scallops while you eat the naked ones.[p]

• thirdeye
    thirdeye Posts: 7,428
    Options
    I had my nose to the grindstone all day today, dodging sparks and dancing on hot iron. Came home to a cold beer, a pink martini and some of that salmon with a couple saltines. I have 3 more fillets to smoke tonight.[p]Just finished catching up on this fine thread.....another great Woosday! Heck, the WooDoggies even posted a food photograph eat.gif as a lead in to more backyard shots.[p]As always, good job everyone.[p]~thirdeye~
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
  • thirdeye
    Options
    bobbyb,[p]Take some nice chuck roasts up to about 130° or 140°, just enough to get a light smoke and color, then moved them to a covered roaster or Dutch oven at 250° for a braise until they are just fork tender. The braising liquid I used was 1 jar of the pickled pepperoncini with the juice, 1 can of beef broth, 1 package Lipton onion soup mix and one package of Good Seasons Italian salad dressing mix. Added some water and beer until the level looked good. With smaller chuckies (or chuckettes) this can be done in foil, but a roaster or slow cooker works better so you can turn the roasts.[p]I chill overnight and skim the fat, then slice/shread the beef for sandwiches using those crunchy hard rolls. The peppers go on and the gravy is for dipping.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• thirdeye
    Options
    Chez,[p]
    Oh yeah. [p]I saw some of those served up at the rodeo the other night. They gave them to you flat & you moved to the condiment table to dress them yourself. They didn't have carnitas as a choice though.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• thirdeye
    Options
    BBQ Bob Trudnak,[p]BBQ Bob: ...Needed some kinda sauce. Any suggestions?[p]You ever had one of those spinach salads with the hot bacon dressing on it? I think a drizzle of that would be good.[p]~thirdeye~

Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

• bobbyb
    bobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Options
    thirdeye,
    Thanks, I'll give this a go sometime.
    Bob

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options