Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

28 hours in the making; all plated up... HFD!

Options
Tony
Tony Posts: 224
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, the brisket lacked the smoke ring I was hoping for, but it was quite tender and tasty, none-the-less. The ribs were spot on, although not quite contest winning material. In all, not to shabby for the first big outing on my new Egg; I had a blast doing it, and it was quite entertaining for the family! Happy Father's Day to all...[p]Big_Green_BBQ_IMG_0655_2007.jpg

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Tony,
    looks great...[p]i know all the 'science'behind the smoke ring, but honestly, the racks of babybacks i did saturday had virtually none,. go figger. hahaha[p]and don't worry about your cook not being perfect. you probably always will think your cooks could "be better". no one else will though.[p]

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Tony
    Options
    stike,
    Thanks, and me thinks you're right; the family thought it was wonderful... nothing but compliments. But then, it is father's day; would they have dare criticized it, knowing how much time was put in by dear old dad? lol...[p]TD

• stike
    Options
    Tony,
    tell you right now, you will cook so much, and get so used to it, that any tiny thing that doesn't turn out 'perfect', you'll be apologising for.[p]i put chicken in front of our friends. they are gourmet foodies, and i was apologizing for it because it didn't turn out as expected. my wife told me that when they had us over a few weeks later, her friend (the wife) confided that they were "a little nervous and intimidated" because it had been the best chicken they'd ever had. i had to laugh.[p]my wife always says, jus shuddup and enjoy it, it's good.[p]

• Tony
    Options
    Big_Green_BBQ_IMG_0650_2007.jpg
    <p />stike,
    Now that you've "verbalized" it; it occurred to me that this happens to me all of the time, already. I suppose I am just more picky than most people when it comes to the food I have cooked. But when we eat other places, I am happy as a lark, usually. Go figure...[p]Here's the pan of sliced brisket flat bathing in it's subtle, complimentary sauce... even though no smoke ring, it was pretty danged good![p]TD[p]

• stike
    Options
    Tony,
    i see smoke ring in there, btw. you are too hard on yerself!