Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frozen burgers question : (

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Got the outlaws coming over tomorrow. I'll work all night, get a couple hours sleep, and then cook lunch for about 15. Planning on using the BGE. They bought frozen 1/3lb angus burger patties from Sams. Any tips for cooking these on the egg? Temp and time? When to flip? etc..
Thanks in advance!
Ty

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    thillin,[p]Direct at 400*, about 4-6 minutes per side depending on how done you want them. Assuming that you are thawing them prior to cooking of course.[p]
  • Unknown
    Options
    thillin,[p]Definitely -- thaw first![p]Been thar -- made thet thar mistake![p]
    ~ B

• Legally Blind Egghead
    Options
    thillin,
    DO NOT THAW first![p]These sound like Bubba Burgers and I do them all the time. They are a quality frozen burger that should not be thawed.[p]This is what I do:[p]Get Egg to 500 - 600.[p]Put burgers on platter and coat with Wooster on both sides and sprinkle Dizzy Pig (Cow Lick, Raisin the Steaks or Red Eye Express) on both sides.[p]Cook 3 minutes, flip, put 2 strips of cooked bacon and cheese (if you like) and CLOSE all dampers at this time and cook for 5 minutes.[p]Do NOT squish, press or move burgers, ever![p]They should be perfect at this time but use a thermopan to ensure doneness.[p]I can do 12 Bubba Burgers at one time so open vents and start round 2![p]Sometimes I use raw onion peels for smoke since I always have some around when doing burgers. Try it as it smells wonderful too![p]I Guarantee your burgers will be a crowd pleaser![p]Enjoy and let us know,[p]Joey[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    Legally Blind Egghead,[p]Thanks,
    They came out great. I had some picky eaters, so left them on a little long. No pink, but very juicy. I dusted them with D.L. Jardine's Steak Seasoning after the wooster sauce. [p]Ty

• Legally Blind Egghead
    Options
    thillin,[p]Great to hear they came out juicy and yummy!