Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

fajita

tjv
tjv Posts: 3,830
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
100_0491.jpg
<p />Thanks Ronbo for the fajita details earlier in the week. All I can say is my daughter gave em thumbs up with a mouthful....T[p]plateshot.jpg
www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.

Comments

• BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    tjv,
    Holy Cow! Aren't you supposed to be able to WRAP the tortilla around the meat - it is just a little place mat in the photo.[p]Looks good!

• tjv
    BurntRaw, so you telling me we should have bought the jumbo, oblong, shaped tortillas. They looked to be special made for fajitas. Only problem was, the package had approx. 1.5 million tortillas. So we opted for a standard small pack, LOL T.[p]
  • Ronbo
    Ronbo Posts: 90
    tjv,
    I am glad you enjoyed them.

• tjv,[p]How does one go about getting one of your grill lifters which is shown in one of the above posts.[p]thanks

• tjv,
    what marinade did you use?

• tjv,
    Looks good. I had not seen many Fajita posting on here. Looks like good meat. [p]If any one is from Houston the best I have found is fajita meat at Fiesta Groc. Stores at the meat counter. At the meat counter pre seasoned. Very good. I have not tried their chicken yet. Fajitas should be beef anyway.

• Ronbo
    AUAtty,
    Try Claude's Brisket Marinade. Don't let the name fool you. I don't marinade my briskets (mainly because the one time I did I used this stuff and did not care for it). But for Fajitas...oh my.[p]Fajitas1.jpg
  • tjv
    HDeathstar, I buy the meat from the local mexican grocery store. I took my daughter so she could practice her Spanish. [p]You might want to look at Fiesta's ingredients on the fajita seasoning. The store mentioned above does the same thing. After buying the meat several times, I bought a big container of the seasoning, got it home and then read the ingredient list, rookie mistake. First ingredient MSG, tossed it. It sure was good though.

• tjv
    Ronbo, ok now that you let that cat out of the bag, I must admit it is gosh darn good stuff, family show........ I was going to cook it Wednesday but got distracted, so the meat marinated for 24 hours.

• Ronbo
    tjv,
    Yeah I was feel selfish not sharing it with everyone. Plus the wife is in Peru with no internet access so she won't find out that I shared the secret. :-)

• tjv
    Ronbo, that's funny, my wife is in France, no Italy, wait what day is it here, no there. Heck, I'm getting another beer and worring about it tomorrow, no is that today in Italy, no France. Dang I'm....hopeless without her!

• tjv
    Garrison Martin, email me for details. t