Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

baking cookies on bge

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just started using our big green egg. Bought a plate setter and was told that we could bake cookies directly on it. So for a test we bought pre cut cookies and tried it by placing the plate setter feet down and just placed the cookies on it. It is taking forever to cook and the cookies are very gooey and difficult to get off. So we either should stick with the oven or should have used a pizza stone on top of the plate setter. Also how is it that you can cook chicken, potatoes and a pie in one shot, if baking requires this plate setter and chicken does not. Any suggestions and we will keep trying!!

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    P1010026202.jpg
    <p />sas,[p]I have baked many cookies. Kids love em![p]I like to use a dispisable pizza pan and Renold's Release foil on top of the pizza stone![p]Smokey
  • Unknown
    Options
    Smokey,
    I will take a couple peanut butter over here please....those look great

• KS Cheryl
    KS Cheryl Posts: 71
    Options
    sas,
    I haven't done cookies yet but have done bread in egg. I use parchment paper on the stone. I have been cooking cookies in oven on a stone for years using parchment paper. Cookies don't stick and I have never burnt any this way. I preheat stone then slide cookies on parchment paper onto stone. They might take a few minutes longer than time stated in directions. Cheryl

• Dimple's Mom
    Dimple's Mom Posts: 1,740
    Options
    sas,
    I second the parchment advice. I'm a big fan of parchment and use it for a lot of things.[p]Gwen[p]

• Pdub
    Pdub Posts: 234
    Options
    sas,
    Hello, what temperature where you cooking at? Be awair that the dome temp can be as far as 50 degrees off from the grid temp, especially with an indirect setup. Also did you allow the place setter come up to temperature. Also a good tip for baking is to make sure that you are using clean lump. I once cooked an apple crisp with lump that had burger drippings on it. The crisp tasted like burgers. Paine