Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ATTN: Fishlessman

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Please post the recipe to the pot roast picture you posted in the BGE-Dilemma thread. That looked like some good eating.[p]Ive tried pot roast before. It was good but nothing to brag about.[p]I cant seem to buy the correct meat for post roast. theres different variations i guess. Theres several "roast" cuts of meat and i dont know which one is the correct one to use. I shop at costco.[p]

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    i guess my main question is what is the exact name of the meat im supposed to use for pot roast? [p]still would like that recipe though
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    newtoegg,
    i buy 8 to 10 pound pieces cut from the chuck roll, it is also what i use for pulled beef. the center of the chuck roll is the chuck eye roast. that pot roast was basic, potatoes and beef for a 10 day guys fishing trip, i usually add alot more, turnups, parsnips, carrots, potatoes. coat meat with salt and flour and sear in bacon grease in a cast iron skillet, outside is better if you have a burner. onion slices on bottom, add roast, low sodium chicken stock, white wine, 2 beers (this time it was pumpkin ale), and then water til its 2/3 up the side of the roast. in egg at 300 inderect for about 5 to 6 hours til the meat is tender, add veggies and continue cooking til done, another hour or so. you can spice it or not, but the onions chicken stock and wine add a nice flavor on there own

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it