Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Venison roast

Options
Metalhead
Metalhead Posts: 668
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I cooked it. I soaked this bad boy in Goya brand mojo overnight.[p]At approx. 4 P.M. I started getting the large ready w/an indirect
setup. I threw one huge chunk of pecan wood on the fire. [p]Got it stabilized at 300deg and put the roast on. I did however
smash a whole tube of the cheapest hot sausage on top to help keep
it moist.[p]At 9 P.M. my remote was beeping at an internal of 160deg. I pulled it and chunked the sausage since I didn't go all the way to 170deg.[p]This was the first ever cook of venison for me and I must say....it
came out pretty good...just a hint of the gaminess and it was moist
and very tender. I have only ever eaten it twice in my life.[p]First time I just about blew chunks and the 2nd time was at the Fl. eggfest....thanks to Penfresh....she got me wanting to try more(those
meatballs were eggcellent)[p]Anyway if anyone wants to try a piece of venison to cook I'll go ahead and recommend the Goya seasoning.[p]
Metalhead