Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need Help(LG BGE) lid is not closing in the back by the hinge?

Options
EGGN S E KY
EGGN S E KY Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How do you adjust the Spring hinge so the lid closes in the rear the front is fine using a dollar bill but in the back its not closing? any help mucho appreciated Brad

Comments

• citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Options
    EGG N SE KY,
    when i put my large together i had the same situation. to correct the issue i loosened the 2" bolt that tightens the band around the dome. it is very important that the dome should be in the closed position before loosening and only loosen enough so the dome can be re-positioned. i then had a friend apply lots of body weight by sitting on the dome at the back half of the egg while i re-tightened the band around the dome. [p]although this solve my isssue, you should give careful consideration to this idea before attempting the same fix... the friend who helped me is a trained professional egg sitter. [p]

• EGGN S E KY
    Options
    markkal123,
    THanks will try and Ill try to find a professional butt sitter i have a fellow egger in the hood who told me to post and get ideas thanks

• citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    Options
    Egg N SE KY,
    by the way i am assuming that you are aware of the position of the bands both around the base and the dome. the band around the base should be positioned as closely to the top of the lip that protrudes out from the base. the band for the dome should also be positioned so that it is as close to the bottom of the lip that protrudes out from the dome. [p]ooops. i hope this isn't confusing.

• Carbonizer
    Carbonizer Posts: 188
    Options
    EGG N SE KY,
    You can try my "adjustment" method. Loosen your top band and place 2 stacks of 2 quarters about 6" either side of the front centerline, lower the top section, push down all around and tighten the top band. I did this for both of my eggs and the back sealed on both med and mini.[p]

• Unknown
    Options
    EGG N SE KY,[p] I just did this yesterday with my new XL BGE. I detached the springs (only on the XL) and loosened the keps nuts on the top band with the lid closed. The lid seated correctly after we got all of the fasteners loose. I had a friend tighten the fasteners a little at time while I pressed down on the lid. When we had them all tightened we reattached the springs. The seal is perfect now.