Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry Brisket question

Options
City Slicker
City Slicker Posts: 95
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did my second brisket Friday morning. It was a Costco 5.5 lb one. This was cooked indirect on XL over platesetter on a raised grid. Dome temp hovered between 245 to 260 for whole cook. Pulled at 190, coolered it for 2 hours then sliced and served. Just as the first one, this one was tender enough, and tasty too, but I would not call it succulent by any means. This one was drier that the first one. I did not inject it nor did I put liquid in the drip pan. It was marinated overnight in a cranberry / cinnamon / honey / wine / salt and pepper and garlic recipe. Any suggestion for the next one as to how to get it to be more moist ?

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    City Slicker,[p] If you put the plate setter on top of the fire ring it's too close to the brisket. Every one I ever cooked with the plate setter on the fire ring has been way too dry.