Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Grid Size

edited 9:18AM in EggHead Forum
I have the large GBE and a plate sitter. Went to buy a grid for placing on upsidedown platesitter. What is sold as 18 1/2inches measures 17 1/2inches when measured with a ruler. What is the measurement I should measure for the proper grid. Thanks.

• Char-WoodyChar-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Thomas, if its the weber for a spare grill, the 22 or 22 1/2 label usually is the right one.

• Char-Woody,The grill grid on the LGE measures 18 inches. I want to indirect heat on top of a platesetter and am looking for for the proper grid size measured with a tape that is used like the one on tm52 site for indirect cooking with a plate setter. Any help is appreciated.

• CharlyCharly Posts: 23
    Thomas, If you invert your platesetter(legs up)it will rest on your fire ring and you can place your grid on the legs for indirect cooking-no extra grid needed.

• Charly, Thanks for the help. Learn something new on this site everyday.