Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great Article on Burgers

Options
ColoradoCook
ColoradoCook Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In my quest to find the best price on a KitchenAid Meat Grinder I found this very informative article on burgers.[p]http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/style/restaurants/features/burger990526.htm[p]Enjoy,[p]CC

Comments

• fontzmark
    fontzmark Posts: 28
    Options
    ColoradoCook,
    Those are helpful tips....did you see Martha the other day? They made a compound butter, shaped it in a roll and froze it, then cut off slices and stuck in the middle of the burger, kept it really moist and medium rare, I am going to try that it looked really good. By the way what kind of price did you find on the kitchen aid meat grinder? I have been wanting one for some time...

• ColoradoCook
    Options
    fontzmark,[p]KitchenCollection.com has it for $44.99 but they'll ding me for tax because they have stores in my state. Foley's has it on sale for $49.99. For lower tax, no shipping cost, and instant toy gratification I believe going to Foley's is my lunch time destination.[p]CC

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    ColoradoCook,[p]I'm big on instant toy gratification, so I can really relate to your lunch time purchase. I do stuff like that all the time.[p]Anyway, thanks for the article. Some good info. I love grilling burgers and I'm thinking of doing a few this evening. Perhaps some parmigiano reggiano burgers...[p]One thing I've been doing for a while now is the pepper encrusted technique which I think JSlot mentions in the recipe section. Basically, salt the burger then add a boatload of fresh ground black pepper (literally coat the ntire burger with so much pepper it looks like you're a kid playing with your food). The pepper forms a delicious flavor "crust." If you're worried about making the burgers too spicy, don't worry - this technique adds very little heat.[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• ColoradoCook
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]One of my favorites. I always keep a bottle of good Blue Cheese dressing around for my peppercorn burgers as well.[p]CC