Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping: Icemncmth re: fatties

Options
Reb
Reb Posts: 74
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After your post and pictures today, I ran out to the grocery store and bought the cheapest sausage (yes, just one) I could find. Cheapest because frankly the BGE and I are still getting acquainted (but I think we are going to be good friends for a long time) and I was treating this like an experiment. As you suggested, I put dizzy dust on, set the BGE indirect at 250 and took it off when the fattie reached 180 (~ 3.5 hours). Now I am not a big fan of sausage; however, after it had cooled I cut a few slices and by 10:30 half of it was gone, OMG...like Lays potato chips....no one can eat just one. Anyway, although I might screw up my first butt I can say the fattie was great. Thanks for the inspiration and a little confidence booster with the egg. [p]

Comments

• icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Reb,[p]I am glad you had a nice little snack!...[p]You can thank the people on this list because they were the one's that took me down the dark road of fatties![p]As for cooking on the egg you will find out the pretty much anything you throw on it comes out great...
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    icemncmth,[p] You need to step out on that even darker path over there label ABT... Go on now get!![p]
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Hmmmm ABT's....I love them so much I probably eat them once a week...[p]Most of the time I use turkey bacon...gotta watch as much fat content as I can...;-)