Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Do The Brine

PainterPainter Posts: 464
edited 4:41PM in EggHead Forum
Just finished eating the first pork that I have brined. Only way to fly. Did a 4lb. bone in pork loin with tenderloin piece attached.Took a little longer than I expected but I blame that on the bone in part. 325 degrees dome for 3hrs. Pulled at 147 degrees and let rest 10 minutes. Used a vanilla brine that was a little sweeter than my taste but didn't take away the fact it was juicy and tender. Can see brining pork in my future cooks. Give it a try sometime you won't be disappointed. Brined for 36 hrs.
Painter

·

Comments

• WessBWessB Posts: 6,937
    Painter,
    Glad to hear yours was as succesful as mine was, and that vanilla brine sounds like it would be awesome.[p]Have you Hugged your Egg Today
    Wess

·