Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE cover

Options
Smokin' Nole
Smokin' Nole Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I received a Big Green Egg cover for my large this weekend as a birthday gift. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the cover is of high quality and lined on the inside with lambwool or something of that texture. First class cover. [p]I didn't know and I had to turn somewhere to express my feelings.. lord knows my wife and dog don't care.[p]Chris

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    Smokin' Nole,[p]not only that, but it's incredibly durable too. I've had mine about 3 years now, and although here in GA we don't have the tough winters, we have baking hot summers and my cover hasn't even lost any of its color. As with everything else BGE, it is top quality. My only complaint is that it is a little snug and can be tough to get it on in the dark.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Fidel,[p]There is a simple solition. [p]When it is time to replace your cover, get one for and egg one size larger. I have three eggs and use an XL cover on the large (with egg mates), medium cover on the small and small cover on the mini. This works very well even in the winter when the cover can be less flexable due to cold weather![p]Smokey
  • galoot
    galoot Posts: 69
    Options
    Smokey,
    I like my cover so much for my XL I bought another cheapie cover to protect it. My wife thinks I'n nuts. Go figure...

• dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    Smoke2much,
    I'm gonna have to side with your wife on that one LOL[p]H