Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Freezing Pulled Pork

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have about 5# just pulled from the BGE. I have vacuum saved a large quantity. Is freezing this ok for a couple weeks time? I want to save for future use as I will be traveling quite a bit in the near future

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    BadgerSmoke,
    YES!!!! i made 40lbs friday night vacume sealed yesterday for freezing only!!
    i had depleated my supply over the memorial day weekend..
    now i can just drop in boiling water for 20min unseal and serve..
    i made diffrent sizes the toughest ones were the single serving size...[p]happy eggin
    tb[p]
    p.s. when doing 40lbs make sure you use a drip pan and maybe you can save yor gasket i didn't as you can see
    DSCN0083.jpg

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    BadgerSmoke,
    a couple weeks? SURE - I have had some I've frozen in Food Saver bags for a year!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • tomo
    tomo Posts: 78
    Options
    RRP,
    Cleaning out the freezer, I found some that I had vacuumed,
    and frozen last year. Put it in some boiling water and it was ready to go after about 15 minutes. It was a little dry so I added some water and we have had some great breakfest and lunches this last week. Almost out now have to follow Bente's example and make a batch with a drip pan...tom