Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pasta and Veggies on the Egg

JanetJanet Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did something this evening that turned out pretty good (and reasonably healthy). Combined some sliced sweet peppers of various colors, zucchini, onions (sweet), garlic (lots), mushrooms, and cooked rotini and mixed all with a generous quantity of extra virgin olive oil. I let the mixture sit for awhile while ribs were finishing up on the egg. Then added the mix to hot grill topper, indirect. Let cook about 15 minutes. Stirred the mixture and cooked about 15 more minutes. After taking it off the egg, I tossed it with some parmesan. I was surprised by the pasta. It was terrific - had a great texture and a smoky flavor from the egg. Am going to do some more experiments with pasta! Any ideas from the group?

Comments