Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pasta and Veggies on the Egg

JanetJanet Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did something this evening that turned out pretty good (and reasonably healthy). Combined some sliced sweet peppers of various colors, zucchini, onions (sweet), garlic (lots), mushrooms, and cooked rotini and mixed all with a generous quantity of extra virgin olive oil. I let the mixture sit for awhile while ribs were finishing up on the egg. Then added the mix to hot grill topper, indirect. Let cook about 15 minutes. Stirred the mixture and cooked about 15 more minutes. After taking it off the egg, I tossed it with some parmesan. I was surprised by the pasta. It was terrific - had a great texture and a smoky flavor from the egg. Am going to do some more experiments with pasta! Any ideas from the group?
·

Comments

• KsdaddioKsdaddio Posts: 32
    Janet,
    I didn't see any onions. My wife and I added onions to the mix, broccoli, carrots and as you said, lots of garlic. It is great by itself, but thanks for the pasta idea. We'll try that too!

·