Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Cooking Cornish hens.

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm going to cook two Cornish hens tomorrow and will marinade them is salt water for about two hours first, then dry rubs with a pesto base. Where I have had trouble before is getting the thigh bone at the back done beyond red or pink without ruining the breast. I have heard that turning the birds every 15 minutes works, but I wonder if anyone has covered the breast with aluminum wrap and when during the cooking? I will cook them at about 250 to 275 degrees f. direct.[p]Any help would be appreciated.[p]N.W.

Comments

• JimWJimW Posts: 450
    N.W.,
    I've cooked many a game hen at 275F direct with no problems on getting the meat done. It takes about 1 hour and 45 minutes, plus or minus depending on the size of the birds. I've never had to use foil and never turned them. Just right on the grate and close the dome. They're done when the leg moves easily in its socket.
    JimW