Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Temp keeps creeping up

Tex_Oil_ManTex_Oil_Man Posts: 4
edited 12:56PM in EggHead Forum
I see all these posts about problems keeping the temp up, but mine is trying to keep the temp down....The bottom vent is about a 1/16" open (or smaller) and top is closed with daisy wheel about 1/2 cracked. Temp is about 300 and continues to go up.[p]I only started the fire in one place, with about 1/2 of a fire starter. What gives?

Comments

• mollysharkmollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Tex_Oil_Man,[p]I'd guess you have some good lump, a very full-o-lump egg, and clean airways. Cut off some O2. Close the daisy wheel or put on the rain cap or in drastic cases, close the whole thing down for a while. Dn't let it get too high or you're going have a real time getting it back down.[p]mShark
  • You may have leakage around your intake vent. [p]I finally took my intake vent off, applied a seal of silicone caulk and put it back.[p]Helped quite a bit.[p]Spacey