Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Seasoned Clay flower pots?

edited 9:17PM in EggHead Forum
Good Morning to all and may we all have a Great Memorial Day.
Now for my question, I would like to make Monkey bread and the recipe calls for seasoned clay pots. Do I just dump out some flowers from the garden and use the clay pot? Just kidding, do I season the same as cast iron. I will be on the way to Home Depot shortly to get some pots.
Thanks for your help in advance, Jim

Comments

• Jupiter Jim,
    i use a little salt & pepper! hahaa[p]yep, similar to cast iron, but they won't turn black.[p]don't wash with soap, just hot water. then coat liberally with vegetable oil on the inside and around the rim. bring to 400 degrees in the oven, cool, repeat. put foil underneath the pots to catch any dripping oil. once well seasoned, the monkey bread will not stick to the pot.

• Rick's Tropical Delight,
    Thanks for the info, on my way to Home Depot to get the pot (not the kind you are thinking) HaHa, Have a great weekend. Jupiter Jim and KayNOCook

• Jupiter Jim,
    just make sure you get the unglazed pots...[p]