Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ribeyes med well on a med. BGE.

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need to grill ribeye steaks on a med. BGE to a med well done. I allways cook med rare but, need to please a good customer. How much longer do I cook @700 degrees for med well. on a med BGE. and how long do I let it rest before eating. Thanks a bunch...[p] Hardwarebob MPLS,MN

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    ACE,[p]I usally do mine about a minute / side for med. I'd try 1.5 to 2 min / side for med well (watch the char!). I get the egg going full blast (wide open on the bottom vent, no daisy/lid at all) to get it up to the 650-700 range and do 1 min, flip, 1 min, flip, shut it all down (put the ceramic lid back on and close the bottom vent) and let it dwell for another 1 min before I grab em off and serve. I assume these are normal sized ribeyes and not 3 lb bone-in monsters!
  • Unknown
    Options
    ACE,[p]I get the egg as hot as possible (750), then char them for 90 seconds with the lid up. Flames will be flying, but don't worry. Flip over and do it for another 90 seconds. Take steaks off and let egg cool down to 400 degrees. About 20 minutes. Put steaks back on and let cook for about 6-7 minutes per side (about 2 inch thick steaks) for medium well. Good luck with them.