Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb leg

Options
canadian bacon
canadian bacon Posts: 37
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello....purchased a small cut of lamb leg...about 4lbs..bone in. Wondering if this is best suited to a slow cook or fast. Thinking slow due to the bone.[p]Opinions appreciated,[p]CB

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Options
    canadian bacon,[p]Lamb is usually quite tender, and doesn't need to be cooked well done. While there's a fair amount of fat in lamb leg, there's not so much cartiledge to break down. So, I cook mine at higher temperatures. At least 350 dome, sometimes with a higher temp at the start and/or end to get a crisp outside. Time varies depending on size, and bone-on, bone-out.[p]gdenby

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,752
    Options
    canadian bacon,
    ive done those both ways, trex and low and slow till above 200 degrees internal. trex med rare gets my vote as it tastes sweet, low and slow pull yeilds a gamier mutton style taste that some like, i dont like mutton. go with a sear and then roast at 325 degrees and dont overcook it, i take it off the grill between 122 -127 degrees which is on the rare side of med/rare.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options