Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Spring Chicken - hows them cooks coming tonight?

Options
AlaskanC
AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Word on the "street" is that you have been cookin' your coop off all day - any pics??

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    AlaskanC,[p]Yep! All day and it looks like well into the night. No pictures yet. [p]Had to reload some lump a few minutes ago. These butts have been cooking since 6:30 AM and it's now just after 10:30 PM. I'm using my Guru so there's no question as to grid temp or meat temp. Even so, I back it up with a Polder. The internal temp is 183° and has been there for four hours. I think that's kind'a high for a plateau but what do I know.[p]Also had to deliver a 27' rental camper trailer to Judy's boss this morning. His daughter is getting married this weekend and he's storing the out-of=town guests at his house. The kids will sleep in the trailer. My job is to keep 'em all fed before and after the wedding.[p]I'm tired and sleepy but I think the butts will be ready to pull off and wrap up in a couple of hours. I'll nap 'til then... Once I wrap 'em good in foil and towels and place in a cooler they can rest until daylight when I have the energy to pull 'em.[p]You've been a busy one the past few days. I guess when Salmon season comes around things start happening very fast up there. And of course you have to keep your Egghead Fans up to date and photo-informed. Some can't wait for you to get off work and head home to show off your paradise.[p]Me, I'm going to see if I can nap a bit. Fifty-sixteen doesn't do 2 hours sleep very well. Know what I mean Vern?[p]Goodnight...[p]Spring "Slowly Nursing Me Back To Health" Chicken
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Wow - that is a lotta work!! Get some sleep my dear - sounds like you have plenty more to do! Don't worry about the pics until you have time.[p]
    oh, and by the way..... your wife and I have plans.....as un-ironed as they may be at this point, they are still plans. ;)

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    AlaskanC,
    Boy!!! Close my good eye for a few minutes and you women jump on the opportunity to fill in one more square of the "Who's In Charge Of Planning Here Game?" LOL[p]It's now 2:32AM Texas Central Time and I just unloaded the Butts, wrapped them in foil and towels and placed them in the Hold'n Pen while I get some sheep. [p]Rat now eyem sew tard i kan hadarly kip ma izzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz OO[p]Sprung "Fill In The Blank" Chicken[p]

• Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    nightie nigh.....